Browse Items (63 total)

1840to1970GuelphBoundariesShrunk.jpg
This map displays the Corporation boundaries from 1840 until 1979. This photo makes the process of urban change in Guelph apparent over the course of over a century.

CPR Station and Grand Trunk Railway Yards.jpg
A collection of postcards from Guelph showing the significance of rail to the city's history.

CPR Train.jpg
A CPR train during a time period in which St. Patrick's Ward became a fully industrialized neighbourhood in Guelph.

Lyon Park.JPG
James Walter Lyon used the land he had purchased, not only for industry, but for parks. Lyon donated the land necessary for the creation of Riverside Park in 1905 which some suspect was a ploy at generating more traffic for Lyon's Guelph Radial…

St Georges.jpg
St. George's Church was constructed by the Boult family, which Lyon married into through his marriage to Lucy Boult.

1969681.JPG
The first page of a memoir created by James Walter Lyon in 1924.

DSCF2002.JPG
A mural on the side of the City Vac shop at 93 Elizabeth Street. This mural demonstrates the continuing presence of the Italian community in Guelph.

Multicultural Festival at Memorial Gardens 2009.32.2237.JPG
An Italian flag flies alongside a Canadian flag at Memorial Gardens during the Multicultural Festival (Italian Day) in 1981.

Sacred Heart School Boxing Club 1983.94.9.jpg
The Sacred Heart School Boxing Club was composed, predominantly, of Italian youth. This photo is from 1945.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2