Biltmore Beaver Pelt Felt Hat

Title

Biltmore Beaver Pelt Felt Hat

Subject

[no text]

Description

The use of felt in the production of this hat harkens back to a high point in the success of Biltmore Hats in the Ward. Biltmore, in 1953, accumulated enough capital to buy out their supplier Lancashire Felt on the corner of York and Morris and rebuilt the building to accomodate expanded production.

Creator

Biltmore Hats

Source

Guelph Civic Museum, Catalogue Number: 1979.19.15

Publisher

Guelph Civic Museum

Date

November 16th, 1973

Contributor

Guelph Civic Museum

Rights

Not applicable.

Relation

Guelph Civic Museum Collection

Format

JPEG, 37.9KB, 533 x 640

Language

English

Type

JPEG, StillImage

Identifier

Biltmore Hat

Coverage

Biltmore Hats, Guelph, Ontario, 1973

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

[no text]

Files

1979.19.15 Beaver Felt Hat.JPG
Date Added
March 31, 2013
Item Type
Still Image
Tags
, , , , , , ,
Citation
Biltmore Hats, “Biltmore Beaver Pelt Felt Hat,” The Ward Project, accessed November 25, 2020, https://thewardproject.omeka.net/items/show/37.